Thursday, June 14, 2012

Kitten Play Date

Sorry for the delay. I have had a busy few days. But I once again have an update. Something unique and fun.

Background for this post. I adopted Freya as one of 4 kittens in her litter. One of the other three kittens was adopted by a friend of mine. She knows that with her schedule and life, her kitten will have to get used to the idea of traveling. So, she and I decided that having kitten play dates would be a fun way to give our kittens some time playing with another kitten that is of the same age and would get her kitten more used to the idea of traveling.

So meet Sevilla! She was the runt of the litter. And was only slightly less energetic than Freya. She visited Freya on Tuesday.


Freya and Sevi met each other and were wary at first. Sevi's tail poofed, and Freya examined this interloper. And then they began playing and romping. At first Freya was significantly taking advantage of Sevi, following her and pouncing her. But as the day went on, Sevi was pouncing on Freya at least as frequently. I had to give Freya a talking to when she was playing a bit too rough for my liking, but after that, the two of them played very nicely, and there was a minimum of growling or yowling.

The kittens decided to snuggle up with us as we were sitting down at the dining room table after dinner. Then when we stood up, they started playing again.

And they were even polite enough to eat their own kibble from their own half of the dish. Of course immediately following this, they were at it again. romping and tumbling from the hanging ball tree. Up until the point . . . .

 Where Sevi fell asleep while sitting on the upper tier of the tree. Ready to pounce from above at a moments notice!
And Freya was sleeping on the ground with her claws dug into her favorite toy. Yes, she was sleeping on her toy being very protective of it.
And it is hard to see in this picture but that is Sevi's face peaking out from under the box spring of my bed, and that is Freya's body in the background. They were playing hide and seek from us. And getting along without needing to romp the entire time.

In fact, in the morning they were snuggling together and even giving each other little kitten baths. They were too cute and adorable. I am sorry to say that I don't have any more pictures of videos. Especially of them playing. But for a first Kitten Play date, it was a purring success. If my friend sends me any of the pictures or videos that she took, I will be sure to upload them as well.

But the next time I visit her with a car, I plan on taking Freya up with me to return the favor. And of course, I will try to take more pictures and videos. But I am definitely noticing that Freya is getting bigger. I will need to start taking reference pictures for her size. I also need to stop by the Vet's to get her first round of shots and such. Bleh. Oh well.

Still very proud of my little lady. She is awesome.

-ProudPapa

No comments:

Post a Comment